A fine fall start to the work week is in the forecast for southwestern Connecticut.
Under sunny skies, according to the National Weather Service, temperatures will rise to a high in the low-70s, with a west wind 9 to 16 mph.
However, clouds start moving across the region tonight, as the temperature dips to the low-50s with a west wind around 6 mph.
Tomorrow, there is a chance of showers, mainly after 11 a.m. Skies will be cloudy, with a high temperature about 70 degrees. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent, according to the NWS. Light showers are likely tomorrow night, mainly after midnight, with patchy fog after midnight. The overnight low temperature will be in the mid-60s. Chance of precipitation is about 60 percent.
On Wednesday, there is a chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. It will be cloudy, with a high temperature in the mid-70s. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. There remains a chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight as the temperature dips to a low in the mid-60s. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
The outlook for Thursday, according to the weather service, is mostly sunny and temperatures in the mid-70s.