The dumbest criminals of 2012, and there were plenty
Updated 9:40 pm, Tuesday, January 8, 2013
THE DUMBEST CRIMINALS OF 2012
From the most stupidly brazen, such as the guy who walked into a police station and demanded money, to the just plain stupid, like the ones who left a trail of evidence on Google searches, Facebook and text messages, these scofflaws unwittingly did their best to make the job of law officers easier. And a note to prospective robbers: You'll have a better chance of getting away with it if you don't show off your loot on YouTube.
Watch them all, or pick through the video playlist and find the ones that speak to you. Enjoy.
The Houston area had its share of mental dullness in 2012, too. If you missed these recent stories, check them out now.
• Spring man charged after liquid pot sends house up in smoke
This guy allegedly took blazing to a new level
• Women's plot to steal cheap gas had one flaw, cops say
They cased the joint, cut the alarm but forget about that pesky videocamera
• CenterPoint worker finds pipeline-valve theft easy to solve
Effort good. Physical trail bad.
• Humble robbery suspect was his own worst enemy
Running away, he accidentally shot himself.
• Man, 79, disarms intruder with karate chop
Serves you right. The old man even took your rifle away.
• Armored-car driver charged after money bags come up short
A money bag isn't the only thing he's short of, apparently.
• Worker accused in secret taping of women's bathroom
At least he made it easy for the cops to identify him.
• Don't like your hotel room? Try a jail cell
And you're so not getting the reward points.
• Game wardens deal with a lot of dumb criminals, too
In the wild, it's sometimes hard which ones are the animals.
• Even more odd news
The latest wacky, bizarre and strange stories