Darien forecast: Stormy days ahead
Published 6:26 am, Thursday, June 27, 2013
Hazardous weather is on the horizon for southwestern Connecticut this afternoon, the National Weather Service warns.
Storms with heavy rain, gusty winds and thunder and lightning are likely after 2 p.m. today and overnight, the NWS says in a "hazardous weather outlook" issued today.
The storms also could trigger flash flooding, the weather service adds in a warning in effect from noon today through tomorrow afternoon.
Skies today will be mostly cloudy, with a daytime high temperature about 80 degrees and an east wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of daytime precipitation is 60 percent.
Tonight, there is an 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, as well as early-morning tomorrow. Again, the NWS warns that some of the storms could be severe. The overnight temperature is expected to dip to a low of about 70 degrees.
Tomorrow, showers and thunderstorms are likely, with a high temperature in the upper-70s under cloudy skies. Odds of daytime precipitation are 70 percent.
More showers and thunderstorms are expected overnight tomorrow as the temperature registers a low in the upper-60s. Chance of nighttime precipitation is about 60 percent.
On Saturday, there is a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before noon, with the odds deceasing later in the day. Skies are expected to be mostly cloudy, with a high temperature in the low-80s. There is a 40 percent chance of precipitation Saturday night with a low temperature in the mid-60s.
More unsettled weather is possible Sunday, the NWS says, rating the odds at about 50-50. The day will be cloudy and temperatures will rise to a high about 80 degrees.
The outlook for Monday, the weather service says, is very similar to the preceding: possible storms, cloudy and temperatures about 80 degrees.