STAMFORD — A city man accused of running from the scene of an accident where police say he nearly collided with dozens of trick-or-treaters has been ordered held in lieu of $50,000 bond.

Ecclesiastes Joyner, 53, who suffered a broken jaw in the Halloween incident, appeared Friday in court where he was arraigned on charges of leaving the scene of an accident, resisting arrest, possession of narcotics and possession of narcotics with intent to sell.

According to police reports of Joyner’s arrest, Officer Jeremy Williams was driving north on Upland Road when a speeding red pickup truck traveling in the opposite direction veered into his lane. Williams had to swerve out of the way near the sidewalk where trick-or-treaters were walking about 7:15 p.m. Tuesday, the report said.

Williams turned his cruiser around and followed the pickup to Strawberry Hill Avenue where Joyner crashed into two vehicles as he turned onto Oaklawn Avenue, the report said. Joyner refused to stop and nearly struck between 20 and 30 people who were standing on Oaklawn near the Belltown fire station, Williams said in his report.

The truck again veered over the double-yellow line before stopping in a driveway, the report said. Joyner then got out and ran away while holding a black bag, the report said.

Williams chased Joyner through several yards before the suspect stopped and refused to comply to the officer’s commands, the report said. Williams then used a Taser to subdue Joyner, the report said.

Joyner fell to the ground and began bleeding from his mouth, but he struggled with officers for about three minutes before he was placed under arrest, the report said.

Police said they found a half bottle of Hennessy cognac and two ounces of the liquor with some ice cubs in a cup inside the truck, the report said.

Police said they also found 86 grams of cocaine in a black bag that had been discarded along the foot pursuit.

Joyner was charged in 2012 with possession of 12 ounces of cocaine. He pleaded guilty to possession of narcotics with intent to sell and was given a five-year suspended sentence and three years probation.