Pants ignite New Year's Eve fire
No one lost their shirt in a New Year's Eve fire on West Avenue, but a pair of pants did go up in smoke.
A garage fire was apparently ignited by a pair of pants left atop a wall-mounted space heater about 6:40 p.m. Dec. 31, according to the report.
Two officers used fire extinguishers from their cruisers to help finish dousing the fire that was mostly contained by a resident using a garden house.
The flames damaged interior and exterior wall surfaces of the garage, but caused no apparent structural damage. The wall-mounted space heater, a refrigerator and some mounted cabinets were also damaged.