Small electrical fire quickly doused at Middlesex Middle School
Middlesex Middle School students were evacuated Tuesday morning after a student accidentally caused a small electrical fire in a second-floor classroom by turning on an emergency eyewash station, Darien Fire Marshal Bob Buch said.
The water ran into a floor outlet, sparking the fire. But it was quickly extinguished by faculty using a fire extinguisher, Buch said.
Students returned to classes by 10:45, Buch said.
Power to the outlet was cut and the second-floor classroom where the fire happened is being cleaned and should be reopened for classes Wednesday, Buch said.