An early-morning car accident on Sunday lead police to an underage party on Mansfield Avenue.

Police responded to a report of a single-vehicle accident near 18 Stony Brook Lane at 1:55 a.m. When officers arrived on scene, they found the two passengers standing by the vehicle, which was in a ditch on the side of the road, the report stated. The passengers told police that the driver, Michael Dinnan, 19, 514 Old Long Ridge Road, Stamford, fled the scene on foot toward Heights Road, according to the report.

Officers stopped a vehicle in the area that belonged to one of Dinnan's friends, who told police that they were on their way to help him. Police contacted Dinnan and convinced him to return to the scene of the accident, according to the report.

He said he lost control of the car and veered off the right shoulder and into the ditch. He said that he wasn't familiar with the area and didn't realize the turn was so sharp, according to police.

He was charged with evading responsibility and making an improper turn, according to police. He was released on $2,500 bond and is scheduled to appear in court April 30.

While speaking with the 20-year-old male Stamford passenger and the 22-year-old female Minnesota passenger, police learned all three had come from a party at 293 Mansfield Ave., where they said there was underage drinking, the report stated.

Four police officers were dispatched to the house, where they were met Ovidio Bennet-Lagos, 23, on the front lawn. Police said Bennet-Lagos immediately told them to leave and would need a warrant to enter the home. The officers told him they were investigating a report of underage drinking and were allowed to enter the home. Bennet-Lagos repeated that the officers could not enter the house, but they said they would force entry if he did not unlock the front door, the report said.

One officer reported seeing numerous people inside the home, then move away from the door as he looked in through a window. According to the report, the officer saw a male sitting on the interior stairs and asked him to open the door. The individual refused, police said.

After another request and being refused entry, officers kicked in the door, according to the report. Inside, they found five underage people, along with numerous of-age people, police reported.

On the front lawn, officers attempted to restrain Bennet-Lagos, but he fought with them, according to the report. Two officers were needed to wrestle Bennet-Lagos to the ground and he continued to struggle while being handcuffed, police said. According to the report, numerous party-goers approached the officers and filmed the incident on their phones. They were confrontational, according to the report, and told police they needed a warrant.

Bennet-Lagos sustained lacerations on his wrists during the confrontation and the officers received abrasions on their hands and wrists, the report stated. Bennet-Lagos refused medical attention from Post 53 Emergency Medical Services.

Police learned that the power had been turned off in the home, but Bennet-Lagos did not say why. According to the report, Bennet-Lagos' wheelchair-bound grandmother was on the second floor of the home.

The party-goers 21 and older who were not under the influence of alcohol were allowed to the leave, according to the report.

Police were not able to identify how many people were at the house party.

Police said Bennet-Lagos was uncooperative during processing and was charged with assault on an officer, interfering with an officer and providing alcohol to minors. He was issued $25,000 bond but a bail commissioner reduced it to a promise to appear.

While police were at the house, a man arrived on scene and said he just dropped a party-goer off at Stamford Hospital. According to the report, the victim allegedly was involved in a fight at the house before police responded. His hand went through a window and he required stitches, police said.

Police went to the hospital to speak with him and were told that he attempted to break up a fight and his fist accidentally went through a window.

The victim did not want to pursue the matter any further.